📍Find a Store to Buy Steve's Real Food

Frozen Prey Model Raw

CHICKEN RECIPE

Steve’s Real Food PREY Model Raw Chicken Recipe is the perfect choice for pet owners who want to provide their cats and dogs with a natural, nutritious recipe higher in protein and fat. The PREY raw chicken recipe is packed with essential nutrients and protein to keep your furry friend healthy and happy. It includes 95% whole, raw chicken, including muscle meat, organs, and bones, providing a natural balance of protein, fat, and calcium. The other 5% is composed of value-added superfoods such as coconut oil, New Zealand Green-Lipped Mussels, and raw goat milk. The recipe is a complete, balanced, and ideal for an active pet looking for a high-calorie recipe. Each box contains (40) 8oz patties.

Available Sizes:

100% Whole Food Ingredients with a Purpose

.

Steve’s Real Food believes every ingredient in your pet’s food should serve a purpose to promote optimal health. We craft our carefully curated raw pet food recipes using high-quality, whole-food ingredients to give your furry friend the essential nutrients they need for a vibrant and healthy life. 

INGREDIENTS

Ground Chicken,
Chicken Neck,
Chicken Livers,
Chicken Heart,
Salmon Oil,
Kelp,
Taurine,
Raw Goat’s Milk,
Coconut Oil,
Sesame Seeds,
Flaxseeds,
New Zealand Green Lipped Mussel,
Inulin,
Ground Eggshells

INGREDIENT SOURCING

Our chickens come from an eight-generation family farm in Washington and Oregon that introduced “No Antibiotics Ever Chicken.” The farm raises free-range chickens and is Non-GMO Project verified. Learn more about our ingredients.
chicken-frozen-bag

How to Feed Our Frozen Raw Food for Dogs and Cats

.
If you are transitioning to raw, we suggest transitioning over a 1-2 week period. Check out our transitioning guide here for more information and tips for switching over your pets.

Start with a clean, airtight container and portion your pet’s daily feeding amount into it. If feeding multiple times a day, divide the recommended daily feeding amount by number of feedings per day.

Place the airtight container of raw food in the fridge overnight to thaw. *If you forget to thaw the food, you can add some warm water to the food or place the food in a bag submerged in warm water for a quick thaw.
Remove the thawed food from the fridge and serve it to your pet on a clean dish. Thoroughly wash your hands and sanitize all areas that come into contact with the raw food to promote a safe feeding environment.

How Much to Feed

Each four-legged friend will metabolize food differently based on their activity level, breed, age, etc. Use our feeding calculator as a starting point for your pet, and adjust the feeding amount as necessary to help your pet achieve an ideal body weight. Keep food frozen until ready to thaw and serve. When thawing, place the food in an air-tight container, and leave it in the refrigerator for 24 hours or until soft. Thawed food is good in the fridge for up to four days.

Safe Handling Raw Pet Food

Treat raw pet food with the same care as handling raw meat for your consumption. Always wash your hands, pet bowls, and any surfaces that come into contact with the raw food.

Frozen Chicken Raw Pet Food FAQ

.

Reviews

.

Additional information

Diet Type

PMR Diet

Energetics

Warming

Protein

Chicken

Dietary

High-Omega's, Low-Ash, Low-Iodine, Low-Phosphorous, Low-Sodium

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Frozen Prey Model Raw Chicken Recipe”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Consider our prey chicken raw recipe for the following reasons:

  • Working/Competing Dogs: Police dogs, search and rescue dogs, sled dogs, and as athletic dogs that compete in dock diving, flyball, agility etc, and have high energy requirements. A prey model raw recipe with chicken can provide the extra calories and protein they need to sustain their demanding activities.
  • Pregnant and Nursing Pets: Require increased nutrients, particularly protein, to support the growth and development of their puppies. A prey model raw recipe with chicken can be a good source of essential nutrients during this time.
  • Growing Puppies: Puppies need a well-balanced diet to support their growth and development. Chicken-based raw recipe can provide the necessary nutrients for bone and muscle growth.
  • Multi-Species Homes: Our prey recipe is complete and balanced for all life stages, and is species-appropriate for both dogs and cats, meaning you can feed both types of pets the same food.

Steve's Real Food Frozen Prey Raw Chicken Recipes Come in Patties

The same great formula, simply shaped differently to cater to your pet’s preference!

Pre-Portioned Patties

Patties are 8oz rectangles that are easy to handle and to portion without needing a measuring cup.